The following topic covers the removal and reinstallation of the Avid single-control bonnet and handle.
Remove the Bonnet and Handle
- Turn the water supply OFF.
- Turn the handle to the ON position to relieve pressure.
- Loosen the setscrew and remove the handle.
- Use a flat-blade screwdriver to lift and remove the bonnet from the faucet body.
- The valve is now accessible for servicing.
Reinstall the Bonnet and Handle
- Apply lubricant to the wall of the bonnet slot.
- Verify that the O-ring is properly seated in the new bonnet.
- Reinstall the bonnet by tilting the beveled end in first. Pivot and press the bonnet into place.
- Install the handle and tighten the setscrew.
- Turn the water supply ON.
- Rotate the handle to the ON position and check for leaks.
1404590-10-A ©Kohler Co.