Please see the Care and Cleaning page on us.kohler.com for proper cleaning methods and cleaning products for mirrors or mirrored medicine cabinets.
Refer to the “Mirror Desilvering” section below for information about desilvering.
Damage due to improper use of chemicals or cleaners is not covered under warranty.
What is Desilvering
- Desilvering occurs when the silver backing on a mirror lifts and starts becoming worn.
- Dark spots or streaks around the edges of a mirror are a sign of desilvering.
How to Prevent Desilvering
Moisture is the main cause of mirror desilvering.
- Wipe down steam and water droplets from the mirror immediately.
- Do not spray the cleaner directly onto the mirror. Spray a towel with the cleaner, and then wipe down the mirror.
- Vinegar-based cleaners and cleaners containing ammonia can accelerate the desilvering process. Avoid using these cleaners on your mirror.
How to Fix Desilvering
Fixing a desilvered mirror is a tedious process. Contact a glass professional in your area to resilver your mirror.
Contact Kohler Co.’s Customer Care Center at 1–800–4KOHLER (1–800–456–4537) for more information.
1397224-10-A ©Kohler Co.