If flow from the real rain panel is reduced, or debris or deposits are visible on the nozzles, the panel must be cleaned. Rub the nozzles clean with a finger or soft brush. If the flow is still reduced or the debris is still in place, follow the instructions below to clean the rain panel.
Remove the Rain Panel
- Remove the logo cap. Remove the center fastener with a 3/16" hex wrench.
- Gently pry the corner fastener covers off to reveal the corner fasteners.
IMPORTANT: Risk of product damage. The corner fasteners are of a quick connect type. Only use hand tools on these fasteners.
- While supporting the panel, turn each corner fastener 90 degrees to the unlocked position. Remove the rain panel.
Remove the Trim
IMPORTANT: Risk of product damage. Do not allow cleaners to contact the metal trim components. Permanent staining or corrosion may occur.
- Loosen two setscrews as shown using a 5/64" hex wrench.
- Carefully remove the trim edges from the panel as shown.
Clean the Rain Panel
- Fold the corner caps over the fasteners.
- Set the rain panel facedown in a plastic tray on a flat surface.
- Make a solution of 50% water and 50% white vinegar.
- Pour the solution into the rain panel until the nozzles are filled.
- Let the solution soak for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the panel from the plastic tray and lightly brush the rain panel with a soft nylon brush or soft toothbrush.
- For stubborn nozzles, rub with a finger.
- Rinse the rain panel off thoroughly.
- Pat the panel dry with an absorbent, lint-free cloth. Ensure the panel is dry where the trim is installed.
Install the Trim
- Reinstall the trim edges and secure the setscrews with a 5/64" hex key.
Install the Rain Panel
- Secure the rain panel assembly to the back panel by pushing the corner fasteners upwards until a “click” is heard from each corner. Ensure each corner fastener is in the locked position as shown.
- Install the center fastener with a 3/16" hex wrench.
- Install the logo cap over the center fastener.
- Fold the covers onto the four corner fasteners.
1287911-10-A ©Kohler Co.