Low flow from the shower may be caused by a build up of sediment or debris in the channel between the valve and diverter on the K-305 Rite-Temp Diverter Valve. Follow the steps below to clean this channel.
- Turn off the water supplied to the shower valve.
- Remove the screws located in the 3 and 9 o'clock positions that hold on the black plastic mixer cap.
- Remove the mixer cap and pressure balancing unit that is sitting inside of the brass valve body (Fig. 1).
- The channel is located in the brass valve body at the 6 o'clock position. Clean the area around the metal tube in the center of the channel. A paper clip or piece or wire may be helpful to remove any debris. Use a spray bottle to apply white vinegar which may help dissolve mineral buildup (Fig. 2).
- When finished, reinsert the pressure balancing unit and reattach the mixer cap.
Note: The K-11748 Rite-Temp Diverter Valve has a different valve body and does not have a channel in the back of the valve body that can be cleaned.