Experiencing leaking under your bathroom faucet handle? This troubleshooting document relates to centerset, single-hole, wall-mount, and widespread bathroom sink faucets.
Description of the leak: With this leak, water will leak from the area where the handle attaches to the faucet body after the water has been turned off or while the faucet is still on.
Causes of the Leak
- Continuous leak when faucet is on or off: When the faucet is on or off, water leaks from under the handle area. With this issue, dirt and debris have collected in the valve/cartridge which prevents the valve from properly controlling the flow of water. The valve/cartridge is located under the handle.
Solution for the Leak
Continuous leak when faucet is on or off: The issues should be resolved by replacing the valve/cartridge. The part number of the replacement valves will vary depending on the faucet model number.
- Identify your faucet model number. To identify your faucet model number, please view Identifying Your Faucet Model.
Still having trouble identifying your model number? The Product Finder can help you identify your product.
The Faucet Parts Catalog is another resource that can help identify your product.
- To locate the valve/cartridge part number for your faucet, enter your model number in the Find Parts search box (Fig. 1).
- On the faucet page, access the Interactive Parts Diagrams to locate and order the replacement valve/cartridge. For additional information on viewing the Interactive Parts Diagrams please view Troubleshooting: Identify Product Replacement Parts.
- Replacement parts for this faucet may be covered under the Kohler Faucet Lifetime Limited Warranty. Contact Kohler Customer Service for additional details.
KOHLER replacement parts are designed with ease of installation in mind. The following resources may assist with installation and repair of the valve/cartridge, seals and check valve.
- Video: UltraGlide Valve Replacement for Widespread Bathroom Sink Faucets
- Replace the Valve in a Two Handle Faucet
- Search for articles on how to Remove the Handles for a variety of faucet families