This troubleshooting document relates to single-handle faucets with a pull-out or pull-down sprayhead.
Description of Issue: With this issue, you might experience multiple spray functions on at the same time as the water isn't fully diverting to the desired spray function, or the sprayhead is not switching between spray functions, or the button has fallen off sprayhead.
- Spray buttons on sprayhead have worn out. Over time, dirt and debris collect in the sprayhead causing the internal diverter to no longer divert water properly between the different spray functions.
- Button is missing from sprayhead.
The issue will be resolved by replacing the sprayhead. The part number of the sprayhead will vary depending on the faucet model number.
- Identify your faucet model number. To identify your faucet model number, please view Identifying Your Faucet Model.
Still having trouble identifying your model number? The Product Wizard can help you identify your product.
The Faucet Parts Catalog is another resource that can help identify your product.
- To locate the sprayhead part number for your faucet, enter your model number in the Find Parts search box (Fig. 1).
- On the faucet page, access the Interactive Parts Diagrams to locate and order the replacement sprayhead. For additional information on viewing the Interactive Parts Diagrams please view Troubleshooting: Identify Product Replacement Parts.
- Replacement parts for this faucet may be covered under the Kohler Faucet Lifetime Limited Warranty. Contact Kohler Customer Service for additional details.
Kohler replacement parts are designed with ease of installation in mind. The following resources may assist with installation and repair of the valve/cartridge.