The water from the faucet is not diverting to the sidespray. This troubleshooting document relates to a standard kitchen faucet with a matching sidespray.
Description of Issue: With this issue, you may experience water coming out of the faucet spout while using the sidespray, or water is not switching to the sidespray.
- Sidespray diverter is worn. Over time, dirt and debris collect in the diverter, which is the part that allows the water to switch between the faucet spout and sidespray. For some faucet models, the diverter is located in the faucet or could be located in a hose connection underneath the sink.
- Sidespray trigger/button is broken.
Sidespray diverter is worn: Replace the diverter in the faucet. The part number of the diverter will vary depending on the faucet model number.
Sidespray button is broken: Replace the entire sidespray. The part number of the sidespray will vary depending on the faucet model number.
- Identify your faucet model number. To identify your faucet model number, please view Identifying Your Faucet Model.
Still having trouble identifying your model number? The Product Finder can help you identify your product.
The Faucet Parts Catalog is another resource that can help identify your product.
- To locate the diverter or sidespray part number for your faucet, enter your model number in the Find Parts search box (Fig. 1).
- On the faucet page, access the Interactive Parts Diagrams to locate and order the replacement diverter or sidespray. For additional information on viewing the Interactive Parts Diagrams please view Troubleshooting: Identify Product Replacement Parts.
- Replacement parts for this faucet may be covered under the Kohler Faucet Lifetime Limited Warranty. Contact Kohler Customer Service for additional details.
Kohler replacement parts are designed with ease of installation in mind. The following resources may assist with installation and repair of the diverter or sidespray.