Wiring Discrepancy for Some 240 V Models
- Between late 2013 and early 2014, some BubbleMassage baths with Bask heater were shipped with incorrect wiring for 240 V installation.
- The Bask power supply on these baths came equipped with a junction box and a 110 V power cord with plug.
- For installation to 240 V service, the Bask power supply must be disconnected from the Bask junction box and wired directly into the blower junction box.
- The installation instructions packed with the product may not show wiring connections for 240 V installation.
Important Information Before Rewiring for 240 V Service
WARNING: Risk of electric shock. A qualified electrician should complete or rework the electrical service to the BubbleMassage bath.
WARNING: Risk of electric shock. Disconnect power before servicing.
NOTE: Before replacing components or dispatching a Kohler Co. Authorized Service Representative:
- The model number and electrical rating must be verified. These are listed on the label located near the blower assembly.
- An access panel must be present to allow the blower and heater components to be serviced. The panel must be a minimum of 20" (508 mm) in width and 15" (381 mm) in height.
- Dedicated 240 V electrical service must be properly connected to the blower junction box. The junction box is located next to the blower, mounted to a board above the controller.
Rewiring for 240 V Service
- Disconnect the power supply.
- Remove the Bask power supply cord (top cord) and strain relief from the Bask power cord junction box by disconnecting the wires from the terminal connectors inside the box.
- Rewire the Bask power supply cord into the blower junction box. Refer to the wiring diagram to connect the power supply wires to the appropriate terminals inside the box.
- Make sure the strain relief is attached to the cord where it enters the junction box.
- Confirm that the electrical installation was properly completed by verifying that the BubbleMassage bath with Bask is operating as described in the Installation and Care Guide.
1204120-10-A ©Kohler Co.