Test for Proper Function
Follow the steps below to verify that the bath is functioning properly.
Fill the Bath
- With the door down, close the toe-tap drain.
- Turn the water ON and check the temperature.
NOTE: The back wall drain will remain open, only allowing the water level to rise to approximately 4" (102 mm). This allows the bather to set the desired water temperature before beginning to fill the bath.
- Once the desired temperature is reached, raise the door. The door seals will inflate and the back wall drain will close, allowing the bath to fill.
- Turn the water OFF.
IMPORTANT! If the level sensors are not submerged in water within 2 minutes of raising the door, the back wall drain will open, draining the water from the bath.
Drain the Bath
- Tap the door switch once. The back wall drain will open and the bath will drain.
- Open the toe-tap drain to fully drain the bath.
IMPORTANT! The water level must drop below the level sensors before the door seals will deflate, allowing the doors to open.
- Allow the water to drain below the level sensors and wait for the door seals to deflate.
- Squeeze the door handle then lower the door.
- Repeat the test procedure four to five times to ensure the bath is operating correctly.
Normal Occurrences During Operation
- When filling the bath, some water will drain through the accumulator drain hose and route to the drip tray. It is normal to hear a trickle of water during or immediately after filling the bath.
- After the door is raised while the door seal is inflating, you will hear the compressor run for up to 90 seconds.
- If the door is fully raised for more than 20 minutes and there is no water in the bath, the seals will automatically deflate.
- When the water level falls below the sensors, the door seals will deflate. You will hear the solenoid valve open and expel air.
- The bather’s movement or excessive splashing can cause the water to run over the inflated seals; this water will be captured in the drip tray.
- Water that has collected on the seals during use will drain to the drip tray as they deflate.
1128535-10-A ©Kohler Co.