Clicker Assembly Part Change
Change Date: 4/30/14
- An engineering change was made to the toe-tap drain clicker assembly on Lithocast baths.
- Affected products are K-1800, K-1801, and K-1805.
- The new assembly contains a V-groove that provides a more effective surface for the clicker setscrew to stay in place.
- The change provides a better long-term drain seal.
Clicker Assembly Replacement
NOTE: Detach the cover and insert from the clicker assembly if reusing these parts on the new assembly.
Remove the Old Assembly
- Carefully pull up on the cover to lift the clicker assembly from the drain body.
- If needed, use a hex wrench to remove the setscrews holding the cover to the clicker assembly.
- If needed, use a hex wrench to remove the setscrew securing the insert to the assembly.
- Retain all setscrews.
- Discard the old clicker assembly.
Install the New Assembly
- Place the cover and insert onto the new clicker assembly.
- Make sure the concave side of the gasket is facing down. The drain may not seal properly if the gasket is flipped.
- Add a drop of removable thread locking sealant (such as Loctite® 242) to all retained setscrews.
- Reinstall and tighten the setscrews to secure the cover and the insert to the new clicker assembly.
- Align the tabs on the insert with the slots in the drain body.
- Press the assembly fully down into the drain body.
- Close the drain and fill the bath with water to confirm proper drain operation.
1154802-10-A ©Kohler Co.