Jet removal is not necessary for regular whirlpool maintenance. However, you may want to change the color of the jet trim in your whirlpool. This can be done with the KOHLER® jet trim tool included with new jets.
Removing the Jet
- The jet removal tool has a hook each end.
- The small hook is used to catch the back edge of the center part of the jet, called the "eyeball."
- The large hook is intended to wrap around your finger for leverage.
- Insert the small hook into the jet. It may take a few tries to properly hook the eyeball and keep it in place.
- Once you feel the hook catch on the jet, pull on the jet firmly to un-snap it from the flange. You may need to use some downward pressure to keep the hook in place as you pull.
- Once the eyeball and sleeve are removed, the adjustable trim ring will pull off.
1032207-10-A ©Kohler Co.