- Replace the filter cartridges every 6 months, when the capacity has been exceeded, or when a noticeable decrease in water flow is observed.
- Many water utilities add fluoride to their water for dental and skeletal health.
- Aquifer filters do not remove fluoride.
- Aquifer water filters are certified by NSF International to Standard NSF/ANSI 53 for the reduction of lead.
- According to the standard, the maximum lead allowed through the filter is 0.010 mg/L.
Hexavalent Chromium Reduction
- Aquifer filter cartridges do not reduce Hexavalent Chromium.
Select Pharmaceutical Removal
K-77687 and K-77688
- These water filters have been tested and certified by IAPMO R&T against NSF/ANSI Standard 401 for the reduction of select pharmaceuticals.
- Select pharmaceuticals include: Phenytoin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Estrone, Bisphenol A, and Nonylphenol.
K-77687 (Single Cartridge)
- The flow rate of the single cartridge is 0.85 gal/min (3.2 l/min).
K-77688 (Two Cartridges)
- The flow rate of the cartridges is 1.7 gal/min (6.4 l/min).
- The micron rating for a fluid filter indicates the ability of the filter to remove contaminants by the size of particles it is exposed to.
- The K-77687 and K-77688 Aquifer water filters have a Class I Particulate rating, which corresponds to a 0.5 micron rating.
- The Class I test measures the filter's retention of particles between 0.5 and 1 micron, with the NSF requirement being greater than 85% to be in compliance.
- Both the K-77687 and K-77688 filters have tested to 99.9% or greater.
K-77687 and K-77688
- Aquifer filter cartridges are made of coconut shell-based carbon.
Recycling Old K-77687 and K-77688 Cartridges
- When you replace a filter cartridge, invert the cartridge and let it drain for 3 days.
- After 3 days, shake the cartridge to remove as much residual water as possible.
- Place the cartridge in a plastic bag provided for this purpose, and completely seal the plastic bag.
- Take the cartridge to your nearest FedEx shipping location.
- The cartridge contents will be used as concrete fill for road and other concrete structures. The plastic housing will be recycled.
- The K-77687 and K-77688 filter cartridges are NOT compatible with the K-200 Aquifer water filtration system.
- Order replacement filter cartridge K-20852 for your K-200 Aquifer system. Cartridge number K-20852 has replaced the K-201 and K-202 cartridges.
For more information about the Aquifer filtration system, visit kohler.com/filtration .
1014875-10-E ©Kohler Co.