Model Number Location
- The model number and version of the valve is found on a label on the outside of the valve cover.
- The digital six-port valve can be air tested up to 100 psi (689 kPa).
- Before testing, install the jumper wire to open the solenoid ports.
- The air test begins at the hot and cold inlets of the valve.
Laminar Bath Spout Compatibility
- The K-923 Laminar bath spout is compatible with the six-port digital valve.
- Refer to the spout specification sheet for more information.
DTV I User Interface
Part Number Location
- The part number and revision level for the DTV 1 user interface is found on a label on the back of the interface.
- To access the back of the interface, use a suction cup (part #69944) to pull the interface out of the wall sleeve.
- The three versions of the DTV I user interfaces are 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.
- For the system using both a primary and auxiliary interface, they must be the same version.
- To find the version code, turn the dial on the interface and navigate to Settings > Valve > Version.
DTV II Media Module
- The DTV II system is controlled by the K-638 media module.
- System components such as the six-port valve, lighting, and other options are connected to specific ports on the media module using cables.
- In the context of building code, the plastic casings of the K-682 digital valve and K-638 media module are combustible.
- These products must be installed in accessible locations for servicing.
- The system components are rated for flammability and meet UL requirements, however they are not plenum rated.
Connecting the Module to a Switch
- The media module can be connected to a switch.
- If the switch is plugged into a router via a LAN port, and the switch is managed, then the router can assign an IP address to a device connected to the switch.
- The DTV II system provides a high voltage dimmable lighting output for direct connection to incandescent lighting.
- The maximum wattage the media module can support is 250 Watts, including incandescent lighting.
- A ThermaSol MR16 lighting fixture cannot be used with the DTV II system because the fixture is driven by a transformer.
Connecting a Music Player
- A music player can be connected directly to a DTV II system by attaching an RCA audio cable to the "audio line in" port on the media module.
- To connect an iPod or MP3 player, you may need a 1/8" stereo to dual phono (RCA) plug Y-cable and a phono coupler.
1069764-10-A ©Kohler Co.