Plumbing Code Requirements
- Plumbing codes require that hand-held showers be provided with backflow protection.
- Backflow protection can be an air gap, two independent check valves, or a vacuum breaker.
- All KOHLER® handshowers contain an integral check valve, which also functions as a flow control.
- If a second check valve is required, a handshower hose that contains a check valve should be used.
- If additional backflow prevention is required, installation of the K-9660 vacuum breaker is recommended.
- Refer to the product specification sheet for the presence of check valves for backflow protection.
1249235-10-A ©Kohler Co.