Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, and Fireclay
- Most KOHLER kitchen sinks are made of enameled cast iron, stainless steel, or fireclay.
- Sinks made from these materials will accept a standard garbage disposal installation.
- Kitchen sinks made of vitreous china (such as Gilford™ K-12700 or K-12701) will NOT accept a garbage disposal.
- Vitreous china is too thick to accommodate a disposal installation.
- Kohler Co. does not test garbage disposal installation or functionality on any of its vitreous china sinks.
- KOHLER Artist Editions kitchen sinks are made from either fireclay or enameled cast iron.
- It is acceptable to install a garbage disposal on an Artist Editions kitchen sink.
- The disposal vibration will not damage the artistic application or decrease the functionality of the sink.
1072358-10-A ©Kohler Co.