Non-Positive Shut-Off Requirement
- 2012 ADA Code requires a handshower to have a non-positive shut-off to be compliant.
- Several KOHLER handshowers offer multifunction spray settings, one of which is a reduced-flow setting.
- The reduced-flow setting meets the non-positive shut-off requirement because it is enough of a flow reduction to satisfy ADA compliance.
- The shut-off is an integrated component, meaning it is not seen externally on the handshower.
- The reduced-flow setting will vary from 0.4 gal/min (1.5 l/min) to 2.0 gal/min (0.75 l/min) depending on pressure. This range is considered more than a trickle, but meets ADA specifications.
Compliant KOHLER Handshowers
KOHLER has four multifunction handshowers listed as ADA compliant in the Price Book and on the specification sheets:
- Stillness®/Purist® K-973
- Forte® K-10286
- Bancroft® K-10597
- Symbol® K-18495
Non-ADA Multifunction Handshowers
- Not all KOHLER multifunction handshowers meet ADA requirements.
- Multifunction handshowers that do not offer a reduced-flow setting do not satisfy ADA requirements, and will not be listed as compliant in the Price Book or on the specification sheets.
1044525-10-A ©Kohler Co.