The purpose of this Help Topic is to determine the steam generator model. Knowing the correct model is useful for troubleshooting, identifying if the unit has the PowerClean feature, and identifying whether the unit has Service Parts available. The PowerClean feature is a 45 minute flushing cycle that removes hard water buildup within the steam generator.
Locate the Model Number
- The model number is located on a label near the electrical box on top of the steam generator.
- First Generation Steam Generator, manufactured before September 2015: The model number does not begin with a number five.
- Invigoration Steam Generator, manufactured after September 2015: The model number begins with a number five.
Determine If the Unit Has Power Clean
NOTE: All Invigoration steam generators have power clean.
To determine if a First Generation steam generator has power clean, refer to the following:
- With Power Clean, manufactured before June 2010: The serial number contains the letters "PC."
- With Power Clean, manufactured after June 2010: A green light is located near the electrical box, and the serial number contains the letters "PC."
- Without Power Clean, manufactured after June 2010: The steam generator does not have a green light near the electrical box, or the letters "PC" in the serial number.
1230487-10-C ©Kohler Co.