Tank Versus Bowl Flush Rates
- The flow rate, or gallons per flush (GPF) for a Kohler or Sterling toilet is specified on the product carton as well as inside the tank.
Tank Flush Rate
- To verify the actual toilet flush rate, remove the tank lid and check the GPF stamped on the inside wall of the tank.
- The model number and UPC are also stamped inside the tank.
Bowl Flush Rate
- A GPF that is marked on the toilet bowl may not be the actual flush rate for the toilet.
- The bowl GPF indicates the maximum flush rate for the bowl only.
- For example: a bowl that says "1.6 gallons / 6 liters per flush or less" may be combined with a tank that is rated 1.6 GPF (6 LPF) or a tank rated 1.28 GPF (4.8 LPF).
1230144-10-A ©Kohler Co.