Municipal Code Requirement
- Some municipalities require that toilet installations have a cast iron connection to the drain pipe.
- The K-6291 90 degree cast iron waste pipe is designed to be installed with the K-6303 and K-6304 Veil wall-hung toilets.
Cast Iron Pipe Installation
NOTE: The height of the drain pipe may need to be adjusted when the K-6291 cast iron pipe (elbow) is installed instead of the supplied plastic elbow.
Connection to the Toilet
- The top end of the cast iron elbow comes equipped with a gasket and large hose clamp.
- The toilet outlet pipe is inserted into the gasket of the elbow, then secured by tightening the large clamp.
Connection to the Drain Pipe
- The bottom end of the cast iron elbow must be secured to the drain pipe using a no-hub coupling.
- A Fernco no-hub gasket is recommended to provide an optimal seal between the drain pipe and elbow.
- The gasket is secured to the pipe ends by tightening the clamps on the exterior of the coupling assembly.
1145594-10-A ©Kohler Co.