Jet removal is not necessary for regular whirlpool maintenance. However, you may want to change the color of the jet trim in your whirlpool. This can be done with the KOHLER® jet removal tool included with new jets.
Removing the Jet
NOTE: A special tool is provided with replacement jets and with trim kits. This tool allows you to remove the jets from the whirlpool.
NOTE: During jet removal, the nozzle must be pointed up or the tool will slip off.
- Position the jet ball nozzle so it is pointing upward.
- Insert the removal tool, hooked end up, into the opening of the jet and hook the inside top of the nozzle.
- Grasp the tool firmly and place your thumb against the whirlpool wall.
- Pull steadily on the tool until the jet assembly pulls free from the hole. Be careful not to lose the O-ring.
Reinstalling the Jet
NOTE: To allow smooth rotation and proper operation of the jet, the O-ring must be: (1) correctly positioned, (2) lubricated, and (3) in good condition.
- Install the O-ring onto the first shoulder of the jet.
- Using the silicone lube packet (provided), lubricate the O-ring to prevent noisy operation of the jet.
- Carefully insert the jet into the housing, then lightly push and rotate the jet until it snaps into position. Do not force the jet.
- Verify the jet is installed correctly. The jet should turn smoothly both clockwise and counterclockwise. Remove and reinstall, if necessary.
1010564-10-A ©Kohler Co.