Toilet Tank Holes
Tank Lid Hole
- Some tank lids have a hole located on the back right corner. This is not a defect.
- In manufacturing, the hole is used to drain the slip during the casting process.
- Some toilet tanks may have a hole near the top of the tank.
- The hole is an intentional part of the tank design which provides ventilation to prevent condensation.
Toilet Bowl Holes
- Certain toilet bowls have a small “frost” hole located in the front of the bowl just below the rim.
- The hole allows residual water from water-leak testing to exit the siphon jet chamber.
- The toilet bowls are stored upside down to ensure water drainage prior to shipment.
- In cold weather, the frost hole prevents water from freezing inside the bowl.
- Some toilets contain a hole in the trapway area behind the bowl.
- This hole is part of the design aesthetic of the toilet.
1236669-10-B ©Kohler Co.