Stainless Steel Gauge
- KOHLER® and STERLING® stainless steel sinks are made from 16- to 21-gauge type 304 and 301 stainless steel.
- The stainless steel is made of a chrome and nickel alloy that assures the sinks provide exceptional resistance to stains and corrosion.
- The lower the gauge, the thicker the steel. Thick steel is less likely to dent and is more sound resistant.
- Premium KOHLER sinks are made from 18- and 19-gauge stainless steel.
SilentShield® and SilentShield Plus
- SilentShield sound-deadening pads are applied to all STERLING and all KOHLER kitchen sinks.
- The pads are made of a rubber compound and significantly reduce noise from clanging dishes and from running water and disposals.
- SilentShield Plus reduces condensation and helps maintain water temperature, in addition to providing the same sound-absorption quality that SilentShield sinks feature.
- Most KOHLER stainless steel bathroom, kitchen, utility, and bar sinks have a standard finish (-NA).
- Some sinks have two different finish options: Mirror finish (-MU) and Luster (satin) finish (-SU).
1230141-10-A ©Kohler Co.