The letter M is used in two different ways within Kohler faucet model numbers.
M within Main Root of Model Number:
- The root of a model number is the first section of numbers prior to the first dash.
- An example is 16109M-4-CP. The "M" falls within the first section of numbers.
- When an "M" appears this way, it means the faucet is specifically sold in Mexico.
M as a Variation in the Model Number:
- A variation of a model number are those letter and numbers that follow the main root, or first set of numbers prior to the first dash.
- An example is 310-4M-CP. The "M" falls after a dash, telling us that it is a variation of the main root number.