- Slip-fit bath spouts contain a slip-fit assembly that is held in place with a setscrew.
- For threaded installations, the slip-fit assembly is removed by loosening the setscrew so the spout can be threaded onto the pipe.
- For slip-fit installations, the setscrew should not be loosened because the slip-fit assembly must stay in place.
- If the slip-fit assembly was mistakenly removed, it can be reinstalled into the spout, but this may be difficult.
- The recommended procedure for slip-fit reinstallation is shown below.
Slip-fit Assembly Installation
- The slip-fit assembly consists of a two-piece clamp, two washers, and an O-ring.
- The clamp pieces fit together, but are not fastened to each other. The challenge is holding the two pieces together while inserting them into the bath spout.
- To hold the clamp pieces, firmly grip the two halves together with a needle nose pliers.
- Slip the assembly back into the grooves inside the spout.
- Secure the assembly in place by tightening the setscrew.
1245299-10-A ©Kohler Co.