Model Number Location Overview
- For soaking baths, whirlpools, and air baths (BubbleMassage™), the model number with manufacturing date or the serial number are the best methods for identifying the product.
- The model number and serial number are printed on a white or silver label.
- The model number starts with a 4-digit number followed by a succession of letters and numbers representing the model variation, color code, and generation.
- The serial number starts with the letter “S” and typically starts with SKB, SKS, or SCK. The serial number is eight or nine characters containing numbers and letters. The serial number typically does not include dashes.
- Newer baths have serial number labels under the overflow hole. The label will be visible prior to installation and removed or covered after installation.
- Reference the product box for the serial number.
- The model number and serial number are printed on a label that is attached to the outside of the bath shell.
- The label is typically located near the drain end of the bath.
Cast Iron Baths
- The serial label is typically located opposite of the drain end.
Sterling Vikrell Baths
- The serial label is centered on the backside of the bath.
Locating the Model Number On an Installed Bath
- The purchase invoice will list the model number of your bath product.
- Depending on the bath style, the front cover of the installation guide may include the model number.
- If the purchase invoice or installation guide is not available, contact the Customer Care Center at 1-800-4KOHLER for assistance.
- Whirlpools manufactured before 1990: The label is attached to the shell of the bath near the pump assembly, or adhered to nearby piping.
- Whirlpools manufactured 1990 and later: The label is attached directly onto the pump assembly.
- Depending on your whirlpool style, access to the pump may be through an apron panel or service panel.
- A label containing the model number and serial number may also be located under the drain overflow hole.
- The model number for a BubbleMassage bath (or air bath) contains the letter "G" after the base model number.
- For example, model number 1947-GRA-0 is a bath that has airjets (G) with a right-hand drain (R) and an apron (A). In this example, the "0" is the color code for white.
- The model number and serial number are printed on a label that is attached to the blower motor.
- Access the blower motor through the service panel located near the drain.
- The blower motor will be grey for models manufactured after 2012, or black for older models.
1256277-10-B ©Kohler Co.