Proper Double Fitting For Bulk Flush Toilets
- Homes built before 1965 may use a double sanitary tee to accommodate drainage from two toilets that are installed back-to-back.
- The double tee may not be effective for installations using bulk performance flush toilets (Pressure Lite®, Class Five®, and Class Six®).
- Bulk performance flush toilets forcefully flush the water out of the bowl.
- Forceful flushing can cause some of the water to cross through the double tee and travel into the waste line of the toilet installed directly behind the toilet being flushed.
- New construction uses a 45° double wye fitting for back-to-back toilet installations.
- The "Y" connector directs the water downward, eliminating direct flow into the opposite waste line.
1245960-10-A ©Kohler Co.