- Review the written installation instructions that came with your drain. There is more than one type of drain and yours may vary slightly from the photos shown here.
- Pop-up drains work by attaching the lift rod on your faucet to a mechanism below called the linkage. The linkage connects to a part called the ball lever or ball rod assembly that is attached to the drain.
Adjusting the Linkage
- If the drain stopper is not moving or closing, check the adjustable link.
- Remove the clip that holds the link in place by squeezing the clip ends together.
- Move the linkage up or down to a different hole to adjust the stopper movement.
- Reinstall the clip.
- Check stopper movement; readjust if necessary.
Removing the Stopper
- The ball rod holds the stopper in the drain. To reach the stopper, the ball rod needs to be removed first.
- The ball rod is inserted into the side of the drain and attached with a nut.
- To remove, unthread the rod nut, pull the ball rod out, and remove the stopper from the drain.
1068017-10-A ©Kohler Co.