Model Number Location Overview
- Toilet model numbers are located in a variety of places on the product.
- One-piece toilet: The model number is located inside the tank.
- Two-piece toilet: Model numbers are found inside the tank and the bowl, and are specific for those parts of the toilet. A model number also identifies the toilet as a combined product, but this is not located on the toilet itself.
- The tank lid for both one-piece and two-piece toilets includes a part number that identifies the lid.
- The toilet seat model number is not located on the seat. Locate the model number on the product package or your sales receipt. If you do not have the package or receipt, call the KOHLER Customer Care Center: 1–800–4KOHLER (1–800–456–4537).
Tank Model Numbers
- The model number is located inside the tank, either molded into the china or stamped with blue or black ink.
- The model number consists of four digits and may include a K prefix.
- In some cases, the model number is preceded by 97. For example, 974166 contains the model number 4166.
- One-piece toilet: The number inside the tank is the primary toilet model number.
- Two-piece toilet: The number inside the tank is specifically for the tank (the bowl has its own model number).
Bowl Model Numbers (Two-Piece Toilets Only)
- The bowl of a two-piece toilet has the model number molded into the china on the underside of the bowl flange.
- The number on the bowl is specifically for the bowl (the tank has its own model number).
Tank Lid Part Numbers
- The toilet tank lid also contains a number either molded into the china or stamped with blue or black ink.
Identify Model Number from Serial Number
- Toilet model numbers can be determined after locating the toilet serial number.
Toilet serial numbers can be found in the following locations:
- On the back or side of the inside of the toilet tank.
- On the back of the toilet tank.
- On the underside of the toilet bowl.
Record your serial number and contact the Customer Care Center at 1–800–4KOHLER (1–800–456–4537). They will be able to determine your toilet’s model number from the serial number.
Difficulty Identifying Your Model
- Model numbers in older toilets may be hard to read due to mineral or bacterial growth within the tank.
- Rub the area to remove residue. Refer to care and cleaning for vitreous china toilets and bidets on kohler.com/clean.
- In some KOHLER tanks, an Insuliner® tank liner may be installed, covering the model number.
- Record the part number of the toilet tank lid and contact the Customer Care Center at 1-800-4KOHLER for assistance.
1256276-10-C ©Kohler Co.