- Remove the tape covering the push buttons on the tank lid. Remove the protective foam pad.
- Press the large push button down and remove the small push button and then remove the large button. Set both buttons aside (Fig. 1).
- Place the cover on the tank.
- Insert the larger rod (from the tank assembly bag) into the large hole.
- Insert the smaller rod into the smaller hole of the push button housing.
- Cut both rods even with the top of the push button housing.
- Insert the rods into the push buttons.
- Insert the larger rod through the larger hole in the push button housing until it clocks into place.
- Repeat with the other rod.
- Test flush the toilet to ensure proper operation.