Rust removal products to use:
- Whink Rust and Stain Remover
- Iron-Out Rust and Stain Remover
- Naval Jelly
- Bar Keepers Friend
Scrubbing products to use:
- 3M Cleaning pad
- Stiff Bristle Brush
Rust Removal Procedure:
- Run hot water into tub and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain water and apply rust remover product directly to each stained area.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Begin scrubbing each area.
- Rinse with hot water and inspect the non-slip area for rust stains.
- If stains are still present, repeat steps 1 through 5 ( for 2nd or even a 3rd cleaning process).
- When rust has been removed, rinse thoroughly. The final rinse is very important to remove the metal particles that were on the non-slip pattern. If a good rinse is not done the stain might come back.
When working with these products using hot water, they do tend to smell strong. Make sure the area you are working in is well ventilated (turn bath fan on). You might also consider having the person that does the cleaning wear a respirator and gloves. Refer to cleaner safety recommendations for specific direction.