Tank locks are an option that can be ordered on numerous toilet tanks. Typically, these specially equipped tanks are used in commercial installations to prevent vandals from damaging the internal parts. The tanks feature factory made holes in the sides near the top, and the tank covers also have factory molded tabs with holes for the hooks. Tank locks cannot be added to a standard tank.
Tank Cover Lock Installation
- Remove the cover from the tank and carefully set it aside on a protected surface.
- Put a washer on the lock nut and from inside the tank insert the lock nut into the hole located near the top of the tank.
- From the outside of the tank, insert the sleeve into the hole and lock nut.
- Use a 5/8 inch wrench to tighten the lock nut. Caution: Do not over tighten the lock nut as this may cause damage to the vitreous china tank.
- Repeat the above procedures for the other side of the tank.
- Attach a hook to each side of the cover through the holes of the molded tab.
- Place the cover on the tank.
- Insert a locking bolt into each sleeve.
- Use the locking tool wrench to tighten the locking bolts.
- Lift up on the tank cover to verify that it is properly locked. If necessary, adjust the cover lock components.