What is the difference in stainless steel sink clips?
Different clips are intended for use with different Kohler stainless steel sinks, dependent of the design of the sink and the measurements of the recommended installation. If the sink appears to be warped and is not sitting flat, install extra clips to the sink rim.
Fig. 1 Fig. 2
|Stainless Steel Sink Clips|
|1150001||For up to 1-3/8" counter thickness (Fig. 1).|
|1016366||Rolled rim extension clips for up to 2" maximum counter thickness (Fig. 2).|
|1177160||J-channel clips for 1" maximum thickness countertop.|
|1177161||Use this kit in place of 1177160 for countertop thickness up to 2-1/2": kit contains longer screw and nuts; use clip supplied with sink.|
|7256 (replaced by K-1049958)||J-channel clips for up to 5-8" to 3/4" counter thickness.|
|7267 (discontinued)||J-channel extension clips for up to 3-1/2" maximum counter thickness.|
How do I install stainless steel sink clips?
Kohler stainless steel sinks include a package of installation clips to make your sink installation straight forward and simple.
- First, inspect the package of clips to ensure they are intact and sound.
- Refer to the Installation Instructions to make sure you have cut the proper opening in the countertop.
- Turn the sink upside down, making sure to place it on a protective pad to protect the sink surface.
- Attach the sink clips to the rim of the sink. Reference the Installation Instructions for proper spacing of the clips (Fig. 3).
- Rotate the rectangular toothed clamp underneath the sink so they do not get in the way when placing the sink in the countertop opening. Continue installing the remainder clips.
- Once the sink is in place, swing the clamps underneath the countertop material (Fig. 4). Please be aware that most stainless steel sinks require a bead of silicone underneath the rim before the sink is set into place.
- It is recommended to tighten the sink clips in an alternating fashion, like tightening lug nuts on a car tire. This helps make sure the sink is tightened evenly.